To make disciples of Jesus Christ by sharing the Gospel with the unreached peoples groups in the 10/40 Window using culturally appropriate visual media produced by our in-country partners.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” – Matt. 28:19
Core aspects of our approach
- Proclaiming the Gospel. Reaching people with the Gospel who have never heard of Jesus Christ in the 10/40 window.
- Offering opportunities for education and discipleship. Publishing visual content on TV, social media and the internet.
- Assisting people in need on both social and spiritual levels through providing program viewers with practical advice and biblical wisdom on relevant issues.
- Counseling people face-to-face to grow as a disciple for Christ. Connecting them with a local church as much as possible.
- Uniting church leaders and Christians of diverse backgrounds in this work.
- Contributing to social justice from a biblical perspective with our programs about relevant issues.
“Work the mission”
Our CEO Martien Timmer: “I know one thing for sure: unity of churches generates much more impact when communicating our message via the media. We work THE MISSION: to be a witness for Christ also in the way we work. We see growth in our ministry into visual media. We are becoming more and more a content provider to platforms on TV, social media, and the internet. Due to the increased outreach we expect more responses to come in. In preparation, we are concentrating on improved discipleship and follow-up as well. ”
How we work
Our TV programs are changing lives. Every year thousands of people tell us how their lives were touched after watching them. The programs are made with key Christian leaders in the local language addressing social issues relevant to viewers. Television programs implement drama, music and personal stories. The programs are unique in that they address specific social issues of a given country or region. Issues including domestic violence, acid attacks, HIV/Aids, corruption as well as other forms of human injustice.
1 000 000 DISCIPLES
In the coming years 3xM aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Form new partnerships in countries in Asia and Africa, bringing programs wherever possible.
- Expand the distribution area in West Africa from eleven to thirteen countries by translating our programs in the local languages Wolof and Bambara.
- Use 85% of our resources to support those partners within the 10/40 Window.
- Develop discipelship programs and social media strategies together with our partners.
- Research in new countries and regions to look for oppurtunities to spread the Gospel.
Each year 3xM accounts for its policy and the results achieved in the annual report.
Here at 3xM we are incredibly grateful for the individuals standing with us in the work we are doing. We are thankful for the support and encouragement we continue to receive from those sharing our dream to reach out to the hard to reach people groups around the world. It is our privilege to share a few of the recommendations with you from individuals endorsing our endeavors.
Filmmaker, Media consultant & Author
“The team at 3XM is doing something I’ve never seen accomplished in my entire career in Christian media. They’re not just producing the “occasional” TV program or movie for international audiences, they’re producing entire series programming, and doing it with multiple programs in multiple countries.
President 3xM USA
I am an ordinary business man, husband, father, son, and child of God. What drew me to 3xM are two prevailing streams in my life: My love for missions and my love for anything Dutch. So when I was approached by members of the 3xM USA board to consider joining this unique Dutch ministry, I naturally said yes.
Broadcast Media Professional. Dallas, Texas
A mutual friend introduced me to Martien Timmer several years ago. I have spent many years in television broadcasting. So the concept that Martien described to me – putting Christian TV shows on the air in Non-Christian countries – was instantly fascinating to me. I became a financial supporter of 3xM.